Young Boy Saved After He Swallowed Metal Key That Was Stuck In His Chest

Medics in Saudi Arabia have saved the life of a young boy after he swallowed a metal key that became stuck in his chest.

The young boy, whose identity and age were not disclosed, was rushed to the King Faisal Medical Complex in the city of Taif, in the Mecca region of Saudi Arabia, after he reportedly had trouble breathing.

But hospital staff were stunned to discover that he had swallowed the metal key after having performed an X-ray and spotting the item in the boy’s oesophagus.

Photo shows the x-ray image of a child, undated. A child was reportedly operated on after swallowing a key in Taif, Saudi Arabia. (@taifhealth/Newsflash)

The doctors then performed an endoscopy by inserting a tiny plastic tube with an attached camera inside the boy’s system and finally removed the foreign object.

Following the successful operation, the King Faisal Medical Complex shared the X-ray image of the key stuck inside the boy’s oesophagus on social media.

A second picture shows the key after it was retrieved from the boy’s body.

The hospital said: “Urgent endoscopy.

“King Faisal Medical Complex in Taif succeeded in saving a child from a blockage in the oesophagus as a result of him swallowing a key.”

Doctors later discharged the child, after making sure that his condition was stable.

Photo shows an illustrative image of Taif, undated. Taif is a city and governorate in the Makkah Region of Saudi Arabia. (Newsflash)

To find out more about the author, editor or agency that supplied this story – please click below.
Story By: Georgina JadikovskaSub-Editor: Marija Stojkoska, Agency:  Newsflash

The Ananova page is created by and dedicated to professional, independent freelance journalists. It is a place for us to showcase our work. When our news is sold to our media partners, we will include the link here.

GET THE NEW STORIE ON TIME!!!!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Signup to our Newsletter