A terrified plane passenger was rushed to hospital in agony after being stung by a scorpion as it crawled over her on a flight in India.
The Air India passenger was on an internal flight from Nagpur to Mumbai on 23rd April when she felt the creepy-crawlie’s sharp sting.
When the plane landed, a medical team rushed her to hospital for urgent treatment, according to local media.
Air India later admitted the shocking incident claiming it was “extremely rare and unfortunate.”
The airline said in a statement: “There was an extremely rare and unfortunate incident involving a scorpion stinging a passenger on board our flight AI 630 on April 23, 2023.”
They added: “On landing the said passenger was attended by the doctor at the airport and subsequently was treated at the hospital and discharged.
“Our officials accompanied the passenger to the hospital and offered all support to the passenger till discharge.”
Safety officials later found the scorpion and then fumigated the Airbus A-319-100.
Air India explained: “Our team followed the protocol and conducted a complete inspection of the aircraft and found the scorpion after which due fumigation process was carried out.
“We sincerely regret the agony and inconvenience caused to the passenger.”
It is unclear how the scorpion got onto the aircraft.
To find out more about the author, editor or agency that supplied this story – please click below.
Story By: Joseph Golder, Sub-Editor: Marija Stojkoska, Agency: Newsflash
The Ananova page is created by and dedicated to professional, independent freelance journalists. It is a place for us to showcase our work. When our news is sold to our media partners, we will include the link here.