Toddler Rushed To Hospital After Swallowing Mums Drug Stash

The mother of a 15-month-old girl has been arrested after her daughter reportedly swallowed her hashish stash and needed hospital treatment.

The 31-year-old mother was arrested in the city of Dos Hermanas in the southern Spanish region of Andalusia after the incident on 18th January.

The woman, name not disclosed, said she left the toddler in the care of a pal in a park when the youngster swallowed a piece of plastic. However, it was later revealed that the tot had swallowed a chunk of hashish at home, according to the local authorities.

The police were alerted to the incident when the toddler was rushed to hospital.

The mother was interviewed by the police’s Family and Women’s Unit (UFAM) telling them that she left her daughter in the care of a family friend at a park when she swallowed a piece of plastic.

After interviewing the medics who treated the young girl, the mother, and the family pal, the police found that the women’s statements did not add up.

The police said that the investigation revealed that they were both habitual cannabis users and the toddler had ingested a chunk of hashish while playing at home.

Local media said the mother also breastfed the tot while consuming drugs, potentially causing harm to her young daughter.

The woman was charged for the crimes of injury and omission of the duties inherent to parental authority.

The investigation continues.

To find out more about the author, editor or agency that supplied this story – please click below.
Story By: Peter Barker, Sub-Editor: Joana Mihajlovska, Agency:  Newsflash

The Ananova page is created by and dedicated to professional, independent freelance journalists. It is a place for us to showcase our work. When our news is sold to our media partners, we will include the link here.



We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Signup to our Newsletter