Home Alone 4yo Girl Saves Baby Brother In House Fire

A courageous four-year-old girl left home alone by her parents managed to save her baby brother’s life when their house burnt down after the stove toppled over.

Ceren Temel and seven-month-old Asmin were asleep in the house in the city of Kars, capital of north-eastern Turkey’s Kars Province, when the blaze broke out.

Ceren Temel after the incident

Their grandparents, Mehmet Temel, 74, and his wife Sebahat, 73, had gone outside leaving the children fast asleep inside.

Ceren woke up to find the single-storey house on fire. She grabbed her baby brother and ran outside with him.

The children’s grandparents returned home to find the house destroyed but their grandchildren safe.

Ceren later revealed she had woken up when she heard the stove, where the fire is believed to have started, fall over.

She said: “I fell asleep with my brother. When I woke up, I saw the flames.

“I immediately went to my brother and picked him up in my arms. I’m very happy now.”

Neighbour Fatma Ogultarrhan said she had feared the worst when she saw the house on fire.

Credit: AsiaWire
The burnt washing machine and other stuff in the house

She said: “We were very upset because we heard the children were inside but when we found out they had escaped we felt relieved.” 

Mr and Mrs Temel called firefighters but they were unable to save the house from the flames.

The Governor of Kars, Turker Oksuz, has promised to provide support to help the family get back on their feet.

It is unclear how the stove fell over.

To find out more about the author, editor or agency that supplied this story – please click below.
Story By: Sibel AbdiuSub-EditorJoseph Golder,Agency: AsiaWire


We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Signup to our Newsletter