Boss Gives Electrocuted Builder Bill For Burnt Work Gear

A builder almost zapped to death during an electrical mishap on a construction site has been handed a bill by his employer demanding payment for his burnt work gear.

The 23-year-old man suffered a near-fatal electric shock and severe burns while working on a building site on the Pyhrn Motorway, which runs through central Austria.

According to reports, a digger operator accidentally hit a power cable with the vehicle’s bucket and electrocuted the victim as he was moving concrete blocks.

The worker was airlifted to hospital where doctors battled to save his life over several days.

However, when the 23-year-old victim was eventually released from hospital, his boss handed him a bill for damaged work gear, according to local media.

The amount of the bill has not been reported.

Meanwhile, the worker also had to take legal action to receive his unpaid salary totalling 1,300 EUR (1,150 GBP), according to reports.

Lawyer Heinz-Erik Hobisch said: “The employer was threatening to charge the full amount for his work gear, destroyed in the accident.”

Reports said that the lawyer was able to secure the outstanding salary payments as well as overturn the boss’ demands to cover the costs of the damaged items.

Meanwhile, the worker still requires regular hospital treatment for his burn injuries.


Story By:  Kathryn QuinnSub-EditorJoseph Golder, Agency: Central European News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *